Fresno Teeth Whitening
iTooth Dentistry offers in-office teeth whitening sessions.
The natural color of teeth is not white. They are typically a shade of either yellow or gray and tooth color varies from person to person. The whitening procedure to whiten teeth is fairly simple. Dr. Mendoza utilizes in-office whitening products containing a percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide to achieve the desired aesthetic look of his patients.
Why Teeth Get Discolored
There are many reasons why teeth can become discolored. The major reasons are:
● Diet – Drinking tea, soda, fruits & berries, coffee, red wine
● White spots on teeth (Tooth Decalcification)
● Smoking – Smoking can result in teeth appearing a yellowish color.
● Age – As people grow older their teeth can become darker naturally.
● Tooth decay & Fillings
● Poor oral hygiene
● Medications – Antihistamines, Antidepressants & High Blood Pressure Medications. Maternal use of Tetracycline during the second half of pregnancy.
Children who take Doxycycline and Tetracycline during their first years may experience discoloration of permanent teeth